+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ⓘ Download Torrents SAFELY, Without Your ISP Tracking You:

Icon4 ⓘ Download Torrents SAFELY, Without Your ISP Tracking You:

Here is how you can download torrents without being tracked and punished by your ISP.

I use µTorrent.
    You can get it from the following link, free: http://www.utorrent.com/ - Download µTorrent

I use Demonoid for my Torrents: http:// Demonoid.me

[1:] Search & click the torrent you want to download.

[2:] When the µTorrent download window pops up, click "Advanced".

[3:] Select & delete all of the trackers except the Demonoid tracker(s).

[4:] Click ''OK'' and you're done.

You are now safe to download anything you want, without getting reported for it.

Enjoy!!

"It makes you smile, while I burn." -Deftones (Lifter)

Default Re: ⓘ Download Torrents SAFELY, Without Your ISP Tracking You:

i have never had a problem from downloading torrents. I have road runner.

Demonoid Is AWESOME! So is uTorrent. Ilike the Remote Feature that they add to it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Deft View Post
    i have never had a problem from downloading torrents. I have road runner.
    Deft, roadrunner is one of the worst ISPs over this.
    They set up and monitor trackers of people that download movies and music.
    They even throttle torrent ports and if you pop up on a list of illegal downloads on their tracker, they will cut your internet service speed by 60-70% and not tell you about it.

How long does the cut last?

and how come they can't monitor demenoid?

i take it i should quit hacking too then or encrypt the fuck out of my network.

I use Hidemyass VPN. One time, my ISP sent them a warning letter for us DLing torrents. Then HMA sent us an email.

what about Windstream. im paying for the high speed internet which is like 6mb or 6gb and im only getting 3mb or 3gb idk. i know im getting half the speed of what i am supposed to.
    Marines don't die. We just go to Hell and Regroup!
    Coders,Hackers,Programmers,Mechanics,Military Personal- Keep the world turning.

How long does the cut last?

and how come they can't monitor demenoid?

i take it i should quit hacking too then or encrypt the fuck out of my network.
    The thing is, you just have to understand how this all works in order to understand why this method works.

With Torrents, you have trackers.

Now if you have your own website and want to upload your own torrent, you have to make your own tracker for that torrent.

The tracker is placed at a permanent URL Address. Now inside this tracker, it has a list of IPs and a list of portions of that torrent connected to those IPs.

This is how Torrent programs know where to get the pieces to download.

Now inside of the Torrent file(NOT the tracker), it has a list of the trackers attached to that specific torrent download. One of the features of the BitTorrent protocol, is that if a tracker goes down, ANYONE,.. ANYWHERE can add a new tracker to the main torrent file. That way, no download ever goes dead. It just gets the trackers updated with new tracker locations/URLs.

So what the RIAA and other Anti-Piracy companies do,.. is they make their own trackers for torrents, then they attach those trackers to an already existing Torrent file.

Then, when people download the file, their IP gets stored in the Anti-Piracy's tracker file. They just write a simple program that stores these IPs like once a min to a database.

Then they send this Database of offending IPs to the ISP's and people get warned or lose their service.

Demonoids trackers are legit and run by them only. You cant edit or get direct access to IPs in the tracker because it is encrypted.

That is why this works.

The only way they could get IP's fromt he demonoid tracker, is if they, themselves were uploading/downloading that torrent and keeping track of every IP that they connected to.

The problem with this method, is that legally if they do that,.. Since they OWN the content and they are uploading it themselves, that torrent then becomes LEGAL to download.

So legally, they cannot use these methods to farm IPs of "offenders".

They have to to run their own trackers and collect the data that way.

So if you delete those trackers, they can not track or report you AT ALL.

I hope that clears it all up. =)

Ive always wonder how they stuff works. Thanks for the info Cyn

nice man thanks

I like demonoid, I've had an account there since 08, but the thing is, they don't have everything I'm searching for (at least not immediately, like ufc events right after iirc) and that's why I spend most of my time @tpb any tips for that place?

demonoid is down now

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyKimahri View Post
    demonoid is down now
    welthat sucks, looks like they are into some shit.

Yup, no-one is really sure what is going on.

You can apply the same thing to any torrent site though.

The problem with irc, is the names are trackable to an ip.

So if you use any type of irc, do it via a proxy, so it can't be logged on your real ip.

i used to use Tor Browser works pretty good but you cant get to some websites with tor cuz tor network gets blocked by the admin

I've got issues with my ISP blocking a lot of torrent sites..
    I'm currently using these, they seem to stay..

http://www.pirateproxy.net/
    http://www.movieboot.com/

Just change your ports on the programs, they can't block that and as far as websites go,.. just use a proxy to view them.

Does this method work with JUST demonoid.me? Or can you use kat.ph or piratebay also?

Quote Originally Posted by DrSketchpad View Post
    Does this method work with JUST demonoid.me? Or can you use kat.ph or piratebay also?
    You can use it on any site.

Just get rid of all of the trackers listed, besides the main tracker.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCyndicate View Post
    You can use it on any site.

Just get rid of all of the trackers listed, besides the main tracker.
    How do you tell which is the main tracker?

How do you tell which is the main tracker?
    Well, if you are using Piratebay, then the Piratebay tracker is the main one.

Also the Best way to find out what the Main Tracker is, is to Download the Tracker on the site then just remember what it is. Thats if you dont know what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazySouthernBoy View Post
    Also the Best way to find out what the Main Tracker is, is to Download the Tracker on the site then just remember what it is. Thats if you dont know what to do.
    sorry for another question, but Its not always as obvious to tell wich is the tracker from kat.ph or piratebay as seeing the name "demonoid" in the actuall tracker, is it just alway the one at the top of the list? sorry, using roadrunner and really don't want to be caught

(Tracker at the top of the list: udp://tracker.openbittorrent.com:80 )
    Last edited by DrSketchpad; 01-29-2013 at 08:22 PM. Reason: EDIT

sorry for another question, but Its not always as obvious to tell wich is the tracker from kat.ph or piratebay as seeing the name "demonoid" in the actuall tracker, is it just alway the one at the top of the list? sorry, using roadrunner and really don't want to be caught

(Tracker at the top of the list: udp://tracker.openbittorrent.com:80 )
    Im not sure about kat.ph. I dont use PirateBay Much ether. I'll have to download a few torrents form them both & see what is all in the Torrent list.

Hi TheCyndicate,

Should I use proxy to download torrent files even with erasing trackers from the file?

Quote Originally Posted by TheFattyFattyBoy View Post
    Hi TheCyndicate,

Should I use proxy to download torrent files even with erasing trackers from the file?
    You could, but I have never been popped for anything.

Ive gotten so call Emails from my ISP back in they day about me downloading movies but it didnt really come from them. I trace the Ip back to china, Then I called my ISP & reported the IP

I've got two questions. I was looking into downloading something from kickasstorrents, but there were several comments on the torrent I was looking at that warned against downloading due to being reported. I thought this would be a good torrent to try deleting trackers on like what is demoed in this tread. Only thing, there is only one tracker....could it be that the comments warning against downloading are wrong or is there a newer way of tracking the torrents that is being used.

Also, this is probably going to sound like a sincerely n00b question, but how would I go about setting up a proxy in order to cover up my IP or any other method I can use to mask my IP?

Quote Originally Posted by G.Rican1911 View Post
    I've got two questions. I was looking into downloading something from kickasstorrents, but there were several comments on the torrent I was looking at that warned against downloading due to being reported. I thought this would be a good torrent to try deleting trackers on like what is demoed in this tread. Only thing, there is only one tracker....could it be that the comments warning against downloading are wrong or is there a newer way of tracking the torrents that is being used.

Also, this is probably going to sound like a sincerely n00b question, but how would I go about setting up a proxy in order to cover up my IP or any other method I can use to mask my IP?

Im pretty sure if the torrent has been reported it's more then likely because of malware. As for a proxy i use a vps, and servers that people kindly donate to me.

If you stick around long enough, contribute to the community with anything you want, and if it isn't on the site tell me to add it and i will. Any ways if you stick around long enough i will be offering proxies for users both free and paid for on software im currently coding called cyn_tools. The free will be really slow but the paid ones will be extremely fast.

Im pretty sure if the torrent has been reported it's more then likely because of malware. As for a proxy i use a vps, and servers that people kindly donate to me.
    When I say reported I mean that other users had downloaded the torrent and were reported to their ISP's and had their internet shut off or were being warned by their ISP's not to download. But, again, when I went to download I figured I could just delete the trackers like what was described in this thread but when I tried to do that it only showed one tracker.

Does that mean that the torrents are being tracked a new way? Or possibly being uploaded directly by the owners of the content and they are reporting people? Or is it possible that these are just false warnings??

Quote Originally Posted by G.Rican1911 View Post
    When I say reported I mean that other users had downloaded the torrent and were reported to their ISP's and had their internet shut off or were being warned by their ISP's not to download. But, again, when I went to download I figured I could just delete the trackers like what was described in this thread but when I tried to do that it only showed one tracker.

Does that mean that the torrents are being tracked a new way? Or possibly being uploaded directly by the owners of the content and they are reporting people? Or is it possible that these are just false warnings??
    Legally, they cannot upload real content themselves, as they would be breaking the law. If your ISP is warning you, it's one of 2 things, they might be tracking ports or data streams.

Make sure you change to random ports on your software, then that cannot be tracked.

The only way I know of right now for content owners to track anything, is if they have their own tracker attached to the torrent.

Just be mindful of what and how you download things.

Hello guys. I would like to start off by saying im pretty new to computer things. I can do the basics but that is it. A friend of mine showed me how to download movies and tv shows and I would use u torrent and demoinoid combo with road runner as my isp. Everything went smooth and never had an6 problems. I moved across the country and have mediacom for my isp and I continued to download stuff. After a while I got a letter in the mail saying they caught me doing it and not to do it again. I thought it was a fluke or something and ignored it. Wasnt to long after that and I got a 2nd letter and they said if they caught me doing it again they would report me and cancel my Internet. So I stopped and that was a year ago. So I am looking for a full proof way to download movies and tv shows and I wont get caught. You mentioned selling a proxy thingy that was fast so if that is still available or if you could give me how to directions for dummies.

They are either tracking ports, or using trackers.

You have to delete all the trackers except the original site tracker, just like in the information above.

Are you still selling the proxy things?

Quote Originally Posted by boferre View Post
    Are you still selling the proxy things?
    I don't sell anything.

TheCyndicate,
    You sir, are a Gentleman and a Scholar.
    This was so helpful to stumble upon that I signed up.

-shubb

Quote Originally Posted by shubb View Post
    TheCyndicate,
    You sir, are a Gentleman and a Scholar.
    This was so helpful to stumble upon that I signed up.

-shubb
    Thank you for the kind words!

And WELCOME!

Quote Originally Posted by TheCyndicate View Post
    Legally, they cannot upload real content themselves, as they would be breaking the law. If your ISP is warning you, it's one of 2 things, they might be tracking ports or data streams.

Make sure you change to random ports on your software, then that cannot be tracked.

The only way I know of right now for content owners to track anything, is if they have their own tracker attached to the torrent.

Just be mindful of what and how you download things.
    I recently got a warning letter from my isp and I came across this thread. You talked about changing to random ports, and I have to admit that I don't know what you mean, or how to do it.

Also, there was talk about using a proxy, again, not sure what that is.

Sorry for the ignorance, just surprised I got got, been downloading torrents for years.

Quote Originally Posted by taylorg55 View Post
    I recently got a warning letter from my isp and I came across this thread. You talked about changing to random ports, and I have to admit that I don't know what you mean, or how to do it.

Also, there was talk about using a proxy, again, not sure what that is.

Sorry for the ignorance, just surprised I got got, been downloading torrents for years.
    It sounds like they got you based on a tracker.

You need to delete all but the original tracker when you download.

How do I know which tracker is the main one?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information